Sunday, August 31, 2014

Smitten Hand Cream Review

Anyone who knows me even remotely well knows that my interests pretty much lie in tea, makeup, and bath/beauty products. And my number 1 beauty and bath company bar none is Lush. Lush is a really ethical, mostly natural kind of company that to me creates the most effective products out there. I stepped into one about 6 years ago and it was all over for me. I went through a phase where I bought everything, tried everything, and spent far too much money in general. I still do that, just less frequently.

If you have never been, I highly recommend the soaps. They are cut to order, so I always get roughly five buck chunks. The bath bombs aren't the cheapest, but a lot of fun. The massage bars are quite possibly the best body care discovery I have ever made.

But today, I wanted to talk about Smitten Hand Cream. It was a part of their regular range until a couple of years ago, until it was discontinued. Discontinuing, even though it means bigger and better products, is a horrible part of the Lush experience. It is part of what contributed to the great Lush hoarding that I am still working through now. I may or may not have five Soft Touch body butters stashed from the last time it was offered limited edition. Smitten is now on Retro, but Lush recently announced they are getting rid of the Retro line all together. Normally, this would be super upsetting (as they have my favorite bubble bar, Bathos, on there as well), but I know it means Lush Kitchen is arriving soon. I have been stalking the offerings on the UK site and think the small batch constant rotation of products is a better way to do things...but will probably cost me a lot of money too as things are only available until that single batch sells out.

I am sure Smitten will be featured again someday in the Kitchen, it is so popular with it's Snowcake scent (which is creamy almond, for anyone not already a Lushie), but it is still on the US site now if you need to stock up. I already did. At 20 bucks it isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. It is effective, full of skin loving ingredients, and sinks in fairly quickly without losing efficacy. Highly recommend.

Smitten: http://www.lushusa.com/Smitten/02356,en_US,pd.html#start=6
Bathos :http://www.lushusa.com/Bathos/00741,en_US,pd.html#start=3


No comments:

Post a Comment