Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weight Loss Update and Student Teaching Lunches

Well, the stress and constant standing of student teaching is great for weight loss. I am now at 312.2, almost 3 pounds down from just a few weeks ago. Right on track, even though I have not been tracking my food. I am glad for it, and glad that student teaching actually helps me reach my physical goals. I have not been walking all that much after school (we had a long weekend, so it ended up being 3 walks last week, not my goal of 5) because my feet are just too dead from standing all day. But so far, that is ok. When the weather gets a bit cooler, and as I get more used to being on my feet, that will hopefully change.

Also, I am taking advantage of bringing my lunch to school. It sounds simple, but you can't eat what you don't bring with you. So I try to bring a reasonably healthy (albeit fairly large) lunch. Lately it has been centered around a cup of kale for a salad with fresh herbs like dill or cilantro for more flavor, carrots and snap peas, with a couple tbsp of dressing. Then I will bring some fresh fruit, like grapes, or maybe a couple dried dates for fiber. I am bringing a little (1/4 cup) of chicken salad to put on the salad or nibble on alone because it will go bad soon if I don't, and that will switch to a hard boiled egg probably when the chicken runs out. Lastly, a piece of cheese, and some fruit snacks for dessert. I love fruit snacks. And I am allowed to have one junky splurge. Then I refill a water bottle with iced tea.

It is a lot to eat for lunch, but I tend to eat it in such a way where I eat the fresh things first, so if I am not hungry, I just won't open the cheese stick or fruit snacks, or anything else that will keep. Great for days I am starving, like today, but it still works for days I am anxious or lacking appetite but still want a nutritious lunch. I never skip lunch. I'd die.

I am hoping to make the check ins a monthly thing, but we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment