Monday, August 11, 2014

Mango Peach Crisp

Few things are as comforting as dessert. I am normally a salt craving person, not sweet, but some sweet things are just too good to pass up. For me those things are brownies, fudge, Sour Patch Kids, ice cream...and fruit crisps. Normally apple crisp is all you can find, but once I realized how easy crisps are, I have been making them like crazy with any kind of fruit I can get my hands on! To date, I have done blueberry, strawberry rhubarb, peach, strawberry kiwi, and now mango peach.

Strawberry rhubarb is still the favorite...but I think mango peach is a close second. I use the recipe from the kitchn and it is fantastic. I only find that sometimes, the amount of butter is too much in the topping (I ended up with a very buttery blueberry crisp) and I just keep adding equal parts flour and oatmeal until the texture is what I want it to be. For me it is fairly dry, but still clumpy.

You can save topping, from what I hear, in the freezer...but I have never done that. Because topping is delicious, and more is always better when it comes to the crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment