Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Student Teaching: Second Placement Week 2

I meant to post this a long time ago. Then student teaching happened, and the sick kids with their strep throat happened. I am now on the mend, having had strep for the first time since I was in elementary school myself, and I feel like time is whooshing by!

I love second grade. I've missed it. This group of kids is a lot rougher than my fourth graders were, but even still I feel a lot more confident going in each day. The concepts they learn are simpler, and to me easier to teach. I also find it easier to assure them that I am teaching them important information. While I also felt confident in telling kids that learning to multiply was important...I felt less confident with needing to learn specific grammar concepts I don't remember ever learning myself, or three different techniques to add and subtract. And oftentimes, there is info involved that just isn't important all, or at least hasn't been in my life so far. I feel like everything you learn in Elementary school should be important to the rest of your life, and sadly, it is not.


Now I can focus on being anxious about getting a job. Yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment